Places on our training days are limited, please complete the Training Application form (on the left) and return to us, either by post/email or drop into the studio. Details and a confirmation email will be sent nearer the time.
Staff or volunteers whose role involves supporting service users.
What is it about?
Managing boundaries is a skill. Many see it as 'common sense' or policy led, however actually
managing boundaries whilst delivering frontline services to vulnerable people raises many
challenges for support workers. Learning how to manage boundaries is a process and requires
knowledge, understanding and good judgement skills. This course will provide learners the
opportunity to explore the intricacies and skills behind developing excellent working relationships
and managing boundaries.
What will I learn?
- Why we have boundaries
- The benefits of setting boundaries
- The limitations and pitfalls of boundaries
- Organisational Confidentiality Policy – what should it cover?
- Right to privacy, both of service user and support worker
- The importance of adequate training, skills and knowledge
- Resetting boundaries
- Conflict of interest